Taking Steps

Trouble ensues when you let monsters talk pretty. Reach me at takingsteps at gmail dot com!

Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

02 February 2008

in making-up-for-the-weather news

Despite many efforts to block it, Oregon finally has domestic partnerships that are, in all but name, equivalent to marriage.

Here's the ruling.

We're got miles yet to go, but today, for just a moment, I'm going to sit and be proud to be an Oregonian. I was there cheering for the very first same-sex marriages in Oregon, and I was there for the heartbreak of having marriage equality shortly after taken away. The other night I saw a woman twice my age weep openly that this was even on the table and could be rallied for. And we did it.
We did it.


A contrite and deferent hat-tip to the ever-wise Sam at Xyre.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Daisy Deadhead said...

Just linked you on this! Thanks for the news. :)

4/2/08 15:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home